The staff at OLOL aim to develop a partnership between parents, teachers and children, all working together.
Parents are invited to participate in their child’s education through a wide range of activities. These include the following:
- Parent Education / Information evenings
- Attending Masses, Weekly Assembly and other special events
- Literacy and/or numeracy parent helpers
- Sporting events / Swimming programs
- Family nights: sacramental, educational, information and social activities
- Curriculum programs
- Garden maintenance
- School Education Board
- Parents and Friends Association, Social and Fundraising Committees, Class Reps, Uniform Shop, School Disco, Mother’s and Father’s Day events, Grandparent’s Day and other special events.
Communication with Parents:
We make every attempt to ensure a wide range of communication is utilised, so that parents are aware of how their child is progressing and what is happening at the school.
Our core means of communication are:
- Class Communication Website (CCW)
- Parent-Teacher Chats in February
- Student-Led conferences and Teacher Time at the end of Semester 1
- Written reports in June and December
- Fortnightly newsletter
- Special notices about events
- Assembly each Monday
- Access to staff via email.
OLOL looks to provide clear, consultative and open communication. While we accept our responsibility to consult and to communicate both clearly and effectively with the community, our community members also have an obligation to read notices and newsletters, to attend briefings and to seek clarification when required.