Our Lady of Lourdes is a parish primary school.
Families are encouraged to take an active part in the life of the Armadale-Toorak Parish community.
Religious Education is fundamental to the overall development of the
child. We aim to build on each child’s experience of living in faith,
leading them to a deeper understanding of their life in the Church,
as well as providing opportunities for the students and their families
to grow closer to the wider parish community.
Religious Education is not limited to the formal teaching of lessons
in the classroom. The Religious Education curriculum aims to
complement the family’s faith education by developing the whole
child in the life of the faith in:
- Celebrating liturgy
- Receiving Sacraments
- Responding to the spirit of god in their lives and in creation
- Celebrating the mystery and life of the Risen Christ
- Handing on tradition
- Understanding the scriptures and the traditions of the Catholic Church.
Children are prepared for the Sacraments in the following Year levels:
- Sacrament of Penance (Confession) in Year 3
- Sacrament of Eucharist (Communion) in Year 4
- Sacrament of Confirmation in Years 5 and 6 together, in every alternate year.